Updated: Sep 15
Hello everyone, I hope this post finds you all in good health and high spirits. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
As I stand on the cusp of my 41st year, I can't help but reflect on the incredible journey that was Year 40. It was a year of revelations, of rediscovering my purpose, and of deepening my connection with what truly matters in life. The first year in my forties has been a time of incredible growth and self-discovery as a wife, mom, and woman of God. Here are 5 ways my mindset has shifted in year 40:
1. Embracing the Joys of Motherhood With No Regrets: For the past 15 years, my focus has been a singular, purpose, being the best wife and mother I could possibly be. It meant making choices, sacrifices, and dedicating myself wholeheartedly to my family. There were moments when I wondered about the paths not taken, the dreams I could have pursued. Yet, I have no regrets, because I know that being a stay-at-home mom was a blessing beyond measure. I was exactly where God intended me to be. My role as a wife and mother was not a limitation; it was an incredible opportunity to make the greatest impact. I came to understand that my home is my first ministry, a place where I can shape lives, instill values, and create a loving sanctuary for my family.
2. Setting Boundaries and Prioritizing Self-Care: In year 40, I have gotten so much better at saying no without guilt. I recognized the importance of self-care and made it a priority. This allowed me to nurture my well-being, maintain healthy boundaries, and preserve my energy for what truly matters. Part of my self-care has been to take at least one day a week, lock myself in my sewing room, and just enjoy some me time doing what I love. I so appreciated my family for understanding and sometimes coming down to hang with me while I sewed. Me time doesn't always mean I want to be alone. Most of the time I just want to have a day where I clock out from everyday responsibilities and just do something that is soothing for me. I have also made it a non-negotiable treat myself to a facial and mani/pedi as often as I can.
3. Intentional Moments for Two: In marriage, life can get so busy and we can become so complacent in our relationship, that we forget the importance of prioritizing time together to continue building on our bond. however, this year, In the midst of life's busyness, my husband and I made a promise to keep the spark alive and be more intentional about going on dates and spending more alone time together. We even joined a date night challenge with our church to go on at least 20 dates this year. And guess what? It's been an absolute blast! These intentional moments have not only been fun but have also drawn us closer together.
4. Living in the Present: In year 40, I finally understood the beauty of living in the moment and cherishing the blessings in my life, instead of dwelling on future worries. This allowed me to experience life's joys more deeply. I no longer stressed about who, what, when, and where, because I trust in who God is and who He made me to be. I do not want to miss out on the joy and blessings today may bring because I am busy stressing and behaving as if I can control the outcome of a tomorrow that hasn't even happened yet.
5. Focusing on True Riches: This year I embraced the richness of life, not in terms of finances, but in terms of joy, gratitude, and meaningful goals. I found contentment in focusing on my strengths, celebrating the simple joys of time and love, and nurturing my relationships. This allowed me to appreciate life's true treasures, family, friends, and time spent together. These people and the time I have been blessed to spend with them have truly enriched my life and allowed me to become a source of positivity and inspiration to others.
Sewing a gown and capturing stunning photos for my birthday is a tradition I hold dear to my heart. And this year was no exception! Using my all-time favorite dress pattern, the gorgeous Magnolia Dress Pattern from Deer and Doe, I poured my creativity into creating a dress that I am absolutely in love with. The moment I discovered this breathtaking Floral Sequin Embroidered mesh fabric in Jo-Ann, my vision came to life in the most beautiful way. Shout out for to my photographer Yaz from YazPhotography for choosing the most beautiful location, and capturing my dress so well.
As I step into year 41, I am filled with anticipation and trust. I don't know what this new chapter will bring, but I am placing my faith in God. I am embracing my authenticity, knowing that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, with unique gifts and talents to share with the world. So here's to year 41, a year of continued growth, love, and purpose. I am excited to see where this journey takes me, and I am grateful for the lessons I will learn and the love that surrounds me. Let us trust in God's guidance, embrace our priorities, and live life authentically.
Words cannot express how grateful I am to have you all by my side as I celebrate another year of life and the things that bring me joy. Your support means the world to me, and I am incredibly touched that you have taken the time to be a part of my birthday celebration through this blog. It warms my heart to know that I have such amazing people in my life who appreciate and value the things that mean a lot to me. Thank you for joining me on this journey and for being here to support my passions. Your presence and kind words make this day even more special.